Friday, June 18, 2010

Bruges Day 1

Angel went home today. We said our goodbyes at the Oxford Circus station, where she transferred to the Bakerloo line for Paddington station and I went on to St. Pancras for Eurostar. Online, Eurostar’s prices are pretty steep for London to Bruges so I thought maybe the actual ticket office would be cheaper… turns out NOT! It was 140 pounds! Everything is pretty clean and the train’s incredibly fast, but the whole day was basically traveling or waiting for the train (had to transfer to get from Brussels to Bruges). By the time I got to my hotel, it was nearing 5pm and I was pretty exhausted.
NH Brugge is a four star hotel and the room is HUGE!


The biggest room I’ve had by far since Hotel Regina way back in Barcelona. After refreshing a bit, I went on a preliminary walk in Bruges. Turns out, the whole town is walkable within 10 minutes! Boy, I’m gonna be so bored by tomorrow afternoon!
Church of Our Lady:


The Belfry, the most famous landmark for Bruges:


It costs 8 euros to go up, and you’ll have to climb some 300+ steps. I think the Eiffel Tower is more worth the money, no?
The Markt, the main hub of Bruges:



Burg, the second main hub of Bruges:


River view:

No comments:

Post a Comment