Sunday, June 20, 2010

Brussels Day 3


Place Annessens is transformed on Tuesday mornings into a clothing market. It is somewhat small, but I was very tempted to buy some flashy jewelry. I saw a Dior necklace for 5 euros and was so excited… until the lady told me that EACH trinket on the necklace is 5 euros so the whole necklace would have been somewhere around 50 euros.
Place du Congres:


On the very top, is a statue of King Leopold I. Underneath the column is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, buried here in 1922:

Nearby is St. Michael’s Cathedral:



It has some really tricked out stained windows… love ‘em!



Parc de Bruxelles:


The lion looks freaked out, no? ^.^

Next to the Parc is the Royal Palace.





I really like how the Palace curves at each end:


No comments:

Post a Comment