Sunday, June 20, 2010

Going Home!


Last day of my trip! I thought it would be bittersweet, and although I have nothing but fond memories of my whole trip, I am ready to go home! 13 cities and nearly 2 months of traveling around, lugging HEAVY suitcases~ I am ready to just go home and focus on achieving my dreams & goals. I’d like to thank my parents for letting me go on such a dream journey. I’ve seen so much and learned so much and it’s all because of them. Love you guys, miss you and can’t wait to see you! ^.^
My flight home, I swapped my BA miles to get a business class trip home, which actually turned out quite worth it... I had to transfer in London Heathrow. I got to the Brussels airport early, because I had a LOT of luggage so I needed extra time to get there. But that just gave me more time in the Brussels BA Club Europe lounge ^.^ where I ate lots of croissants ~_^. The flight from Brussels to London is only 40 minutes, but I got a prosciutto salad with mozzarella and tomato along with a yummy and piping hot pumpkin seed bread. My transfer time in Heathrow was less than an hour, and I had to go through security AGAIN... which meant boarding the tram to another terminal, go up 2 flights of escalators and down another flight, then up another flight GRRRR... by the time I got to the BA lounge in Heathrow, I only had 20 minutes to spare! And that was only because I got to go through the VIP line at security (otherwise I'd have NO minutes to spare! the security line was SO long!). I was sweating bullets, but managed to fork down a trio of tea sandwiches (roasted red pepper spread, smoked salmon and tuna salad) and grab some beer before I was off running again toward my gate!
The BA business class is really nice though~ you get to lie all the way down! ^.^ The seat lowers all the way, then you just have to lower the foot rest in front of you for a full-on bed.
Right when I got on board, the flight attendant asked if I wanted any beverages. She had champagne on the tray, so I ordered that. I normally don't like champagne all that much because the bubbles hurt my throat, but this one was extremely smooth, creamy and lightly bubbly and sweet. There were 2 different champagnes on board, but I believe I had the Charles Heidsieck brand (Lanson being the other brand). There's a nice article on wikipedia about the man, if you're interested ^.^ ... hell, there's even a movie! Hugh Grant played the guy in the 1989 made-for-TV movie.

My dinner consisted of a first course of lobster salad with diced mango, champagne (of course hehe), and Lily O'Brien chocolate:

and a second course of beef with creamy peppercorn sauce and roasted potatoes, with another glass of champagne:

Dessert was a plate of cheese and vanilla ice cream:

I didn't sleep at all on the flight, in favor of lying back and watching the on-demand new release movies (four total! teehee). So that ended up being more champagne while I watched the movies.
Snack (I'm so sorry! I forgot to take pictures!) was fruit scones with clotted cream, a moist gingerbread cake, 4 different kinds of tea sandwiches and 2 pastries with roasted vegetables inside... and more champagne.
Can you tell I was very very full at the end? Live life to the fullest! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment